Monday, July 27, 2009

Crunch time!

It's down to the wire ... less than 2 weeks until Tria's first Full Moon Feast. The kitchen is finally coming together. All my small equipment is getting moved in today and we can start cleaning in earnest. One final phone call to the health inspector and we're good to go. It is so exciting to create something and see it come to fruition; to see it finally go from paper to 3D.

After a year and a half of laying the foundation, there is finally a light at the end of the tunnel - a tunnel full of monotonous phone calls, e-mails, and general frustrating correspondence regarding everything from fire suppression to highway signs; from invisible lines that people cannot step over to ventilation parameters. There were many times I wanted to throw in the towel ...

Now I can finally have some fun in my kitchen!
I've placed my first orders with farmers and fishmongers, bakers and butchers ... time to start cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment